Studio MU YU is an artisanal woodcraft brand in Singapore that encompasses handmade jewellery, bags, lifestyle products and workshops. MU YU is a romanisation of the Chinese characters ‘木语’, which translates to ‘the language of wood’. Many pieces of wood are discarded and wasted along the carpentry production line in Singapore. Studio Mu Yu aims to upcycle and create sustainable yet affordable series of jewelry and bags for the modern women in hope to minimise wastage and create products that do not undercut and exploit workers.
This workshop focuses on learning about woodworking, the therapeutic craft of it and sustainability. Personalize your own wooden accessories with different organic shapes.
What you experience:
- Explore a new and therapeutic world in woodworking.
- Learn about the importance of trees' sustainability.
- Be introduced to different types of wood.
- Identify the importance of the direction of wood grain, and its impact in the beauty of your final woodwork jewelry.
- Learn about the right kind of finishing/staining to use for your product.
What you get at the end of session:
Valentine Jewelry Set - Earrings and Necklace.